Thursday, June 24, 2010

Pokemon (and their effects on my sanity)

Everyone needs goals in life, I keep telling myself. So here I am, setting some goals for the summer that don't involve cosplay-for once.

Abomasnow Approves

My summer goal for the pokemon side of my mind is thus: to breed one of each pokemon in OU that I could use on a team (bar the legendaries like Azelf and Celebi. Screw that, I'm not restarting my game, Syncro-catching the dumb things, and then starting over because the nature or IVs are terrible. Patience may be a virtue, but I have little.)

Here's the list of OU pokemon I'll be breeding:

Aerodactyl - I just need to get it from Fire Red.
Blissey - I'm stuck on breeding these, actually.
Breloom
Bronzong
Dragonite
Dusknoir - I might be able to get one from Intrigue.
Electivire
Empoleon
Flygon
Forretress - Got one!
Gengar - Got one!
Gliscor
Gyarados - All finished except moveset. Thanks Intrigue, she rocks!
Heracross - Got stuck breeding these once, but I'll try again.
Hippowdon
Infernape - Got one!
Jolteon
Kingdra
Lucario - Stuck on this one too. Stupid Riolu won't evolve.
Machamp
Magnezone - Intrigue bred these a while ago, I wonder if he has any usable remnants.
Mamoswine - I'm sure I can steal one from Intrigue.
Metagross
Ninjask
Rotom
Salamence - Done, but moveset isn't.
Scizor
Skarmory
Smeargle
Snorlax
Starmie - Got two! One Modest, one Timid.
Swampert
Tentacruel
Togekiss
Tyranitar - Working on it. Working on making one of every Smogon set, actually.
Umbreon
Vaporeon
Weavile

38 total, 32 to go, not counting those Intrigue might have. Good luck to me. This is intimidating.

I figure, with a good pool of pokemon to draw from, I can make diverse teams to keep my team members a secret, even from close friends. I aspire to be like KillerNacho on youtube, who just whips together a team in nothing flat and beats everyone with it.

But I should go, since my stomach is sounding more and more like the neighbor's lawn mower. Did I mention their lawn mower is broken and bubbles out oil? Lovely thought, I know. So maybe I should feed it. Or yell at it. And maybe do those things to my stomach as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment